Objectives of the IATEXT
The University Institute for Textual Analysis and Applications (IATEXT) has as generic objectives:
- Conduct research about text, with two purposes: first, to achieve results in basic research; and in second place,
- Develop computer and multimedia applications that reverse in the educational and professional fields.
- Develop interdisciplinary synergic research and collaboration with the business sector in order to implement the transfer of results and knowledge to the productive sector.
- Develop research strategies to successfully compete in different plans of Research + Development + Investment in the regional, national and international levels.
- Implement teaching-oriented training of professional educators from cultural and business sectors, and postgraduates.
Each of the research divisions of IATEXT depicts the generic objectives in the following specific objectives:
- Promote text editing of different characteristics and times, both from a traditional perspective and from the most innovative approaches.
- Perform linguistic, literary and historical research through corpus of different periods and communicative contexts, enhancing their transfer to the teaching, social and research sectors through computer multimedia applications.
- Respond to social needs and research on to the use of language from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Promote the study and analysis of various literary texts and documents from an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Studies on the survival of the classical world in Western culture.
- From an interdisciplinary perspective, promote training, research, services and knowledge transfer through the study of written documents of historical nature, in different media and chronological contexts.
- Promote research and development of tools and applications in areas of computational linguistics and technologies for education.
- Establish through the analysis of texts produced in different contexts how speakers conceptualize and categorize the surrounding reality, enhancing their transfer to educational, social and research sectors through computer multimedia applications.
- Analyze linguistic variation and change from diachronic and synchronic perspectives, and to study the language policies aimed to regulate this variability.
- Studies on rhetorical theory and its application to the composition of oral texts properly designed to comply with the communicative situation and with the recipients.
- Promote training, research, services and knowledge transfer through bibliometric studies of scientific publications in the field of Humanities.